*deep sigh* Can some one please explain to me what in da hayle is goin on?! A week of backup QB (and backup QB’s backups) starts, blowouts, and upsets. I mean, 1st the Fat Boys break up, now this. There’s nothing to believe in anymore SMDH…
- Ok, let’s just get this out the way—Indy endured the most DEVASTATING loss at the hands of sadists New Orleans. Do I really need to say anymore about a game that was 62-7?
- YES, yes I do. Can someone please call the authorities and report the Saints for public displays of excessive brutality? And basically breaking my boo Peyton’s heart. I won’t stand for it!!!
- ANYWAY…. After 2 back-to-back losses, the Texans crushed the ever-weakening Titans to sit atop the AFC South. Thank the football gods for Arian “I’m a Muthafuggin Monster” Foster’s 115yds and 2 TDs! o/
- Meanwhile, Titan’s Chris Johnson, w/ only 18yds for 10 carries, had the nerve to say, “I wouldn’t say I’m the issue.” Yeah, if I were being booed by fans I guess I wouldn’t announce how worthless I was either. I’d play the “bad O-line” victim too. #NinjaHaveASeat… #OnMyFantasyBench…
- Remember how last week I actually lost my damn mind and defended Norv because it seemed he’d grown a set and stood up to Bully Rexy, thinking he’d use this as fuel to the “I want a Championship” fire?? I TAKE IT ALL BACK! FIRE HIS NO WINNING ASS RIGHT NOW!!! DO YOU HEAR ME, ALEX SPANOS?!?! FIRE NORV! AND AJ SMITH WHILE YOU’RE AT IT!!
- *waits for blood pressure to come back down*
- Before I continue in on my own team, I gotta give props to Plaxico for holding it down for the Jets. He did his thing.
- Now back to my rant: Bolts up 21-10 at the half and then score zip zilch in the 2nd half? So much for having #5 defense who make the likes of Nacho look like a star QB in the 2nd half. And WTF is Philip smokin on to be so off these days? I just… *sigh* I give up.1 ¯(-_-)/¯
- Speaking of giving up, did the Raiders decide that scoring points was overrated?
- I mean, why make the Chefs have to cook up a W when Boller and Palmer can just give them back the ball (each with 3 INTs)?
- sportsguy33 The Raiders just offered 2 first round picks for Joe Flacco.
- On the subject of Flacco, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ON MONDAY?! Jags defense son’d the hell outta Waka Flacco Flame(d Out).
- Jags Maurice Jones-Drew hit his dougie all over the NFL’s best defense with 105 yds. Impressive, Sir! *tips hat*
- You know what wasn’t impressive? The Seahawks @ Browns game. I had to do a double take and wipe my eyes to see a combined total of 9 points scored. (O_O) #nobueno
- Seahawks QB Charlie Whitehurst only threw for 97 yds. Damn. Well, I guess it could have been worse… *looks at McNabb’s numbers against my Bolts earlier this season*
- Speaking of McNabb failures, Chris Ponder stepped in for Minny against GB and actually wasn’t terrible! He kept the game close, damn close.
- Didn’t expect to see the undefeated Pack have to put up such a fight against such a weak team. I mean, the twitter-verse definitely pondered over what would happen if Ponder got the W over the Pack (<–see what I did there? LOL). Minds all over the nation would have been BLOWN.
- Trai_O If Christian Ponder wins this game, he’ll not only get a parade, but be offered any MN woman he wants…including Gov. Dayton’s wife.
- In other news, Falcons gave the Lions the business when they handed them their 2nd loss (in a row, at home *smh*) this season.
- Though I’m on the fence about Atlanta, I was kind of impressed at how well they rallied together to get that dub.
- Did anyone else peep that finger-tip TD catch that Roddy White caught? Well done!
- On another note, I gotta wag my finger (word to Stephen Colbert) at sore losers and b*tchassness!! It was reported Lions Ndamukong Suh (and others) taunted Falcons QB Matty Ice when he was laying on the ground in pain with an ankle injury. Oh word? Welp, I guess Matt got the last laugh when he used his bad foot to complete the Lions’ ass kicking. Game. Falcons.
- Meanwhile, the other Matt (Lions QB) got knocked out with a knee injury. But judging by his rookie performance 2 yrs ago against the Browns, I think he can bounce back from this, easily. #ToughItOut
- Now, to the most importantly insignificant highlight of the week: the St. Tim TeSus game.
- I thought maybe I’d entered the twilight zone when I saw NFL.com’s cover page for Monday morning was a picture of The Tebow with the heading “Miracle in Miami”.3 (O_O)
- The fact that beating a beatable, winless team could be considered anything more than expected is just… beyond all comprehension. Like, do mofos not know what the term miracle means? I mean, perhaps it’s a miracle that Tebow can still walk with so many media-personnel hanging from his “saving for marriage” nut sack but….
- And to add insult to logic injury, Tim Tebow was nominated for AFC Player of the Week?!? After 55min of “I don’t know my ass from a hole in the ground so don’t expect me to know how to get a 1st down” performance?!?!?! GIVE ME A F#&$*%G BREAK!!!! This media darling crown of thorns that has been bestowed upon Tebow is getting mighty ridiculous.4 And I won’t stand for it, I say!!! *shakes fist*
- Here are just a few things from this season I think can be considered more miraculous than Tebow’s win: the Lions and the Bills have more wins than losses; Nacho has twice as many TDs than INTs; McNabb is actually in the middle of the pack as far as QB ratings go; Megatron is human; Andy Reid has not been adopted by Sea World; Norv Turner is still employed; there haven’t been any major drug/weapon scandals with the players. I could go on….
- ProFootballTalk’s recap of the Broncos game captures the ludicrousness (no DTP) of it all.
- edthesportsfan TEBOW KICKED THE GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL THE DENVER TEBOWS WIN AT HOME IN MIAMI
Did I miss anything? Does anyone know why all the MNF teams/match-ups have been completely and utterly uninteresting (my team’s upcoming game included)?? Am I being too harsh on The Tebow? Any predictions on teams that might make comebacks?
Waiting for the Tebow media frenzy to die,
~Gem, the [now] Anti-Tebow Bandwagoner
1 Seriously, I give up. I have no hope in my team in the hands they are in. Head coach and GM changes need to be made before this franchise implodes. I will always support them, but I don’t believe they can be great under the current leadership. *shrug*
2 iDIED when I saw “pi”!!!!!!!!!! I <3 nerds, boyyyyyyy.
3 As soon as I find the screenshot I took of it, I’ll post it.
4 Move over Nacho, there’s a new mediocre QB to be unjustly praised.